According to many tourism-related studies spearheaded by VISA, Singaporeans are one of the top groups of people who love to travel.
If you fall into this category and travel often, perhaps the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend card will entice you. According to different credit card reviews, it’s one of the top-rated credit cards that American Express has to offer, and also one of the big favourites among travellers.
Before we jump straight into the exciting perks the card offers, we’re going to put it out there that this card probably isn’t suitable for everyone, due to a slightly higher minimum income eligibility, as well as a higher annual fee. However, it does come with many travel perks! Let’s explore all these perks and benefits, shall we?
The Fine Privileges of AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card
The AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend comes with several exclusive privileges and amazing signup offers. The annual fee for this card doesn’t come cheap though. At SGD $337.05 per year, it is one of the pricier annual fees among other travel credit cards. However, the annual fee of SGD $80.25 for supplementary cards will be waived for the first year. In addition to that, you may also receive 1,500 KrisFlyer miles for each approved supplementary card you apply for!
- A bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the first time you charge to your card (for first time applicants of any co-branded American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card)
- Receive 15,000 KrisFlyer miles on your first SGD $6,000 spend and a Samsonite Sigma 76cm Expandable Spinner on your next SGD $4,000 spend in the first 3 months upon card approval (card approval has to be between 21 July and 30 September 2017, both dates inclusive, to be eligible for this promotion)
- Purchase Worldwide annual multi-trip My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM Essential plan at S$188 (usual: S$299) when you apply for your card online
- Terms & condition apply
Some of the privileges include:
- 4 Complimentary airport lounge access per year to any participating SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounge around the world
- Hertz rental privileges all over the world (such as rental fee waiver, vehicle class upgrade, and discounts on selected rentals)
- Millennium Hotels & Resort complimentary 1-night stay per year
- Accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership tier when you spend above SGD $15,000 on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com within the first 12 months upon card approval
AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card Features
Every SGD $1 = 1.2 KrisFlyer Miles
For every SGD $1 that you spend on eligible purchases, you can earn 1.2 miles. If you spend on the months of June and December, you can earn 2 miles. All of these mileage earnings are automatically converted into KrisFlyer miles, without any conversion fee.
Singapore Airlines is on your Team
With the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card, every SGD $1 you spend on Singapore Airlines tickets will earn you 2 KrisFlyer miles. Tickets have to be purchased from Singapore Airline’s official website to qualify.
On top of that, being an AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card holder entitles you to a double KrisFlyer miles accrual voucher (capped at 5,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles) if you spend a minimum of SGD $15,000 on singaporeair.com from now till 30 June 2018.
Absolutely Zero Conversion (into KrisFlyer account) Fee
Some air miles credit card require fees for the conversion of miles into usable KrisFlyer reward points. With AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend credit card, you don’t have to worry about the conversion fee, nor the hassle of converting when you need them.
With your AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend card, miles are directly and automatically transferred to your KrisFlyer account. This means that you don’t have to pay for additional fees. You also don’t have to wait for weeks before you use your KrisFlyer points!
Travel Insurance + Travel Assistance
Up to SGD $1,000,000 travel insurance is yours as an AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend card holder. The insurance coverage is for travel accidents and travel inconvenience claims. Claims can be because of flight delays and baggage delays.
If you’re in need of legal and/or medical assistance, your AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend membership has got your back. Qualified specialists will be recommended to handle your concerns. Just give the number for Global Assist a call.
Apply for the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend card today and receive 5,000 bonus miles when you charge to your card for the first time*!
*only for first time applicants of any co-branded American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card
If you’re a frequent flyer, especially on Singapore Airlines, this may be a card you want to consider. As an AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend card holder, you also get to accelerate your KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership. In fact, an upgraded membership is done automatically. As long as you spend a minimum of SGD $15,000 within the first year upon card approval, you will become an elite member.
On the flip side, an annual fee of SGD $337.05 is a rather hefty price tag, especially if you compare that amount to the annual fees of other credit cards for travellers (such as Citi Premier Miles VISA card and DBS Altitude Signature VISA Card).
If the high annual fee for the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend card is acceptable for you alongside the perks you get to enjoy, apply for it today. We’re all ears if you would like to share your opinions about the card. Just leave a comment below!