According to VISA, exploring a new destination grants people the chance to take a relaxing break from their usual and often monotonous realities. It’s like hitting the pause button for a while, taking a sweet escape out of routines and comfort zones to wander and gain new experiences. And this is one of the reasons why Singaporeans like to leave their stress behind and get out of our small, bustling city once in a while.
With increased connectivity and accessibility, travelling has become more common among Singaporeans. Of course, with traveling comes the need for luggage, and with that necessity comes great offers by credit card companies. We have had several credit card companies offering free luggage as welcome gifts, and who’s to reject these amazing offers? Certainly not us!
A luggage is definitely not a cheap buy, and if you or your family members have already been thinking of signing up for a credit card, why not grab these free gifts and get rewarded with a new swanky and solid luggage? It is always wise to invest in a good, sturdy luggage, because you wouldn’t want to deal with a broken luggage and ruin your beautiful vacation, would you? So if you’re one who travels regularly, whether for work or leisure, don’t miss out on these welcome offers!
To find out which credit cards with free luggage in Singapore are worth signing up for, here’s a summary for easy reference:
|FREE LUGGAGE||REQUIREMENTS||CREDIT CARD BENEFITS|
Gift: American Tourister Linex 66/24 Luggage TSA (worth S$260)
Replaced with 35,000 miles instead
Gift: Samsonite T5 68cm Spinner with built-in scale (worth S$560)
Gift: American Tourister Hypebeat 79/29 Spinner Exp TSA luggage (worth S$239)
|AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card|
Replaced with 32,000 miles instead
Below are more details on the credit cards and their offers with free luggage.
FREE luggage: Samsonite T5 68cm Spinner with built-in scale (worth S$560)
The HSBC Visa Platinum credit card is a suitable card for couples and families, with perks such as rebates on recurring bills, groceries and petrol. There is also an array of 1-for-1 buffet and dining deals with monthly specials you should look out for!
Terms and conditions for free luggage from HSBC
- Only valid for new HSBC credit card customers
- Choose the option of FREE luggage over the option of S$150 cash back
- Charge a minimum of S$800 within a month of Card Account Opening Date
- Minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singaporeans and S$40,000 for self-employed and non-Singaporeans to be eligible
- Applicant has to be at least 21 years of age
- Full terms and conditions apply
- 5% cash rebate on selected recurring bills for mobile, cable TV and internet bill payments
- Up to 5% cash rebates on petrol and an additional 16% instant discount at all Caltex and Shell stations.
- Up to 5% cash rebates at all local grocery stores and supermarkets
- Up to 5% cash rebates on dining (except hotel dining)
- 2 years’ annual fee waiver
HSBC Visa Platinum
Apply to get a free Samsonite T5 68cm Spinner with built-in scale (worth S$560) today!
FREE luggage: 28” Samsonite Lite Shock Spinner (worth S$950)
The Standard Chartered Visa Platinum card is another great card for travellers as you can earn miles and get up to 6 complimentary Priority Passes annually to airport lounges around the world. Read on to find out more about the card.
Terms and conditions for free luggage from Standard Chartered
- Luggage welcome offer has expired. Stay tuned while we look for updates from StanChart! You can choose to receive 35,000 miles instead.
- Minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singaporeans and S$60,000 for non-Singaporeans to be eligible
- Full terms and conditions apply
- 20% cashback (with S$600 minimum spend)
- 3 miles for S$1 overseas spend; 1.4 miles for S$1 local spend
- Tap-and-Pay payment enabled with any contactless sales terminal for transactions below S$100
Other perks with the card
- Bonus 15,000 miles (with minimum spend of S$12,000); bonus 36,000 miles (with minimum foreign spend of S$12,000)
- Gourmet Dining privileges (up to 25% savings at The Fullerton Hotel)
- Privileged rates when yachting
- 10% discount at AsiaJet when booking private jet (discount applies to hourly rates)
- Complimentary wine (2 glasses) under Gold Class Infinite Experience Package when at Golden Village
- Complimentary green fees (all year round) when you’re at Sentosa Golf Club
- Complimentary savoury or sweet (2 dishes) under Gold Class Infinite Experience Package
- Complimentary Priority Pass to airport lounges for up to 6 visits annually (subsequent visits at S$38 each)
- Complimentary limousine transfers (discount applies to hourly rates)
- Complimentary travel insurance (S$1,000,000 coverage)
- Privileges under VISA Luxury Hotel Collection
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite
Apply to get a free 28 inch Samsonite Lite Shock Spinner (worth S$950) today!
FREE luggage: 76cm Expandable Samsonite Sigma Spinner (worth S$600)
If you’re a frequent flyer, especially on Singapore Airlines, this may be an ideal card for you. Not only can you earn KrisFlyer miles as you fly, you need not go through the trouble of converting them as the miles you earn are automatically credited to your linked KrisFlyer Account. No conversion fee and no downtime! With the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend credit card, there are several travel privileges we have listed down below that you may enjoy as a cardholder as well. We have done a in-depth review of the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend credit card if you are keen to know more!
- Earn 1.2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases with your Card
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases during months of June and December
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir App, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online.
Other perks with the card
- Bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the first time you charge to your card (for first time applicants of any co-branded American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card)
- Free 1,500 KrisFlyer miles for every approved supplementary card (annual fee = S$80.25)
- 4 Complimentary airport lounge access per year to any participating SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounge around the world
- Enjoy preferential rental rates of Portable Wi-Fi Routers by Changi Recommends from as low as S$4.65 per day
- Hertz rental privileges all over the world (such as fee waiver for additional driver, vehicle class upgrade, and discounts on selected rentals)
- Millennium Hotels & Resort complimentary 1-night stay per year
- Spend above S$15,000 on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com within the first 12 months upon Card approval to be automatically upgraded to the KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership tier
AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend
Apply to get up to 32,000 KrisFlyer miles today!
4. Other HSBC Cards with Free Luggage
The Samsonite T5 68cm Spinner with built-in scale free gift is also valid for redemption when you apply for the HSBC Revolution Card, as well as the HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Card. You’ll also have to be new to HSBC cards as with the application of HSBC Visa Platinum card, in order to qualify for redemption of the free luggage. Here’s a quick overview of the two cards for your consideration.
Eligibility & Annual Fees
*Cardable had also previously done a review on the HSBC Revolution Card if you’re keen on the details!
Eligibility & Annual Fees
Who doesn’t love free gifts?
We know the welcome offer and free gifts shouldn’t divert your attention in choosing the right credit card for yourself, but it’s a great bonus if you’re undecided on the cards AND need a new luggage right? You may have just narrowed down your choices to the cards mentioned above!
If you’re a jet setter, you’ll definitely be grateful for such a freebie. Not that them being free compromises on the quality, these free luggage are excellent and durable, and won’t give in easily to wear and tear. These will be great additions to your travel necessities!
Summary: Grab these free luggage offers today!
Are these free luggage welcome offers persuasive enough for you to consider applying for the credit cards? Click on one of the apply links above to get your hands on a brand new luggage along with your credit card today!
|American Tourister Linex 66/24 Luggage TSA (worth S$260) – Limited to the first 9,500 Eligible Applicants!|
|Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card|
|Luggage welcome offer has been replaced with 35,000 miles instead. Stay tuned while we look for updates from StanChart!|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Card|
|Samsonite T5 68cm Spinner with built-in scale (worth S$560)|
(while stocks last, till 30 September 2019)
Do you love to travel? Check out how you can benefit from the Best Travel Credit Cards in Singapore