According to VISA, exploring a new destination grants people the chance to take a relaxing break from their usual and often monotonous realities. It’s like hitting the pause button for a while, taking a sweet escape out of routines and comfort zones to wander and gain new experiences. And this is one of the reasons why Singaporeans like to leave their stress behind and get out of our small, bustling city once in a while.
With increased connectivity and accessibility, travelling has become more common among Singaporeans. Of course, with traveling comes the need for luggage, and with that necessity comes great offers by credit card companies. We have had several credit card companies offering free luggage as welcome gifts, and who’s to reject these amazing offers? Certainly not us!
A luggage is definitely not a cheap buy, and if you or your family members have already been thinking of signing up for a credit card, why not grab these free gifts and get rewarded with a new swanky and solid luggage? It is always wise to invest in a good, sturdy luggage, because you wouldn’t want to deal with a broken luggage and ruin your beautiful vacation, would you? So if you’re one who travels regularly, whether for work or leisure, don’t miss out on these welcome offers!
To find out which credit cards with free luggage in Singapore are worth signing up for, here’s a summary for your easy peruse:
|LUGGAGE | CREDIT CARD||REQUIREMENTS||CREDIT CARD BENEFITS
76cm Expandable Samsonite Sigma Spinner
28” Samsonite Lite Shock Spinner
70cm American Tourister Caravan TSA Luggage
Below are more details on the credit cards and their offers with free luggage.
FREE luggage: 76cm Expandable Samsonite Sigma Spinner (worth S$600)
If you’re a frequent flyer, especially on Singapore Airlines, this may be an ideal card for you. Not only can you earn KrisFlyer miles as you fly, you need not go through the trouble of converting them as the miles you earn are automatically credited to your linked KrisFlyer Account. No conversion fee and no downtime! With the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend credit card, there are several travel privileges we have listed down below that you may enjoy as a cardholder as well. In addition to that, you can now be rewarded with a free luggage when you sign up for the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend credit card. This offer is limited, so apply and get your card approved before 30 September 2017!
Terms and conditions for free luggage from AMEX
- Application and approval has to be completed by 30 September 2017
- Choose to pay annual fee of SGD $337.05
- Within the first 3 months upon card approval, spend the first SGD $6,000 on eligible purchases upon card approval to receive 15,000 KrisFlyer miles, and spend the next SGD $4,000 to receive a Samsonite Sigma 76cm Expandable Spinner
- One redemption per person
- Redemption of free luggage must be done within 2 months of letter receipt
- Minimum annual income of S$50,000 for Singaporeans and S$60,000 for non-Singaporeans to be eligibile
- Earn 1.2 KrisFlyer miles for every SGD $1 spent on all your eligible purchases with your Card
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every SGD $1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases during months of June and December
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir App, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online.
Other perks with the card
- Bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the first time you charge to your card (for first time applicants of any co-branded American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card)
- Free 1,500 KrisFlyer miles for every approved supplementary card (annual fee = SGD $80.25)
- 4 Complimentary airport lounge access per year to any participating SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounge around the world
- Enjoy preferential rental rates of Portable Wi-Fi Routers by Changi Recommends from as low as S$4.65 per day
- Hertz rental privileges all over the world (such as fee waiver for additional driver, vehicle class upgrade, and discounts on selected rentals)
- Millennium Hotels & Resort complimentary 1-night stay per year
- Spend above S$15,000 on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com within the first 12 months upon Card approval to be automatically upgraded to the KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership tier
We have done a more in-depth review of the AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend credit card if you are keen to know more!
Apply for the American Express Singapore KrisFlyer Ascend Card for a free 76cm Expandable Samsonite Sigma Spinner (worth S$600) today!
FREE luggage: 28” Samsonite Lite Shock Spinner (worth S$950)
The Standard Chartered Visa Platinum card is another great card for travellers as you can earn miles and get up to 6 complimentary Priority Passes annually to airport lounges around the world. From now until 30 September 2017, you can also earn cashback with your Uber rides around the world! Read on to find out more about the card.
Terms and conditions for free luggage from Standard Chartered
- Apply for the Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card and get it approved by 31 December 2017
- Choose the 2nd option of FREE luggage + 15,000 miles over the 1st option (35,000 miles) as welcome bonus
- Choose to pay the annual fee of SGD $558.50, instead of getting a waiver
- Minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singaporeans and S$60,000 for non-Singaporeans to be eligible
- Full terms and conditions apply
- 20% cashback (with S$600 minimum spend) or 10% cashback (if minimum spend is not met) on Uber services worldwide (until 30 September 2017)
- 3 miles for S$1 overseas spend; 1.4 miles for S$1 local spend
- Tap-and-Pay payment enabled with any contactless sales terminal for transactions below SGD $100
Other perks with the card
- Bonus 15,000 miles (with minimum spend of S$12,000); bonus 36,000 miles (with minimum foreign spend of S$12,000)
- Gourmet Dining privileges (up to 25% savings at The Fullerton Hotel)
- Privileged rates when yachting
- 10% discount at AsiaJet when booking private jet (discount applies to hourly rates)
- Complimentary wine (2 glasses) under Gold Class Infinite Experience Package when at Golden Village
- Complimentary green fees (all year round) when you’re at Sentosa Golf Club
- Complimentary savoury or sweet (2 dishes) under Gold Class Infinite Experience Package
- Complimentary Priority Pass to airport lounges for up to 6 visits annually (subsequent visits at S$38 each)
- Complimentary limousine transfers (discount applies to hourly rates)
- Complimentary travel insurance (S$1,000,000 coverage)
- Privileges under VISA Luxury Hotel Collection
Apply for the Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card for a free 28″ Samsonite Lite Shock Spinner (worth S$950) today!
FREE luggage: 70cm American Tourister Caravan TSA Luggage (worth S$260)
The HSBC Visa Platinum credit card is a suitable card for couples and families, with perks such as rebates on recurring bills, groceries and petrol. There is also an array of 1-for-1 buffet and dining deals with monthly specials you should look out for!
Terms and conditions for free luggage from HSBC
- Only valid for new HSBC credit card customers
- Apply for the HSBC Visa Platinum card before 31 October 2017 and get it approved by 15 November 2017
- Choose the option of FREE luggage over the option of SGD $120 cash back
- Charge a minimum of SGD $600 within a month of Card Account Opening Date
- Minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singaporeans and S$40,000 for self-employed and non-Singaporeans to be eligible
- Applicant has to be at least 21 years of age
- Full terms and conditions apply
- 5% cash rebate on selected recurring bills for mobile, cable TV and internet bill payments
- Up to 5% cash rebates on petrol and an additional 16% instant discount at all Caltex and Shell stations.
- Up to 5% cash rebates at all local grocery stores and supermarkets
- Up to 2% cash rebates on dining (except hotel dining)
- 2 years’ annual fee waiver
Other perks with the card
- Additional SGD $20 cash back is rewarded when 1 or more supplementary card is submitted at the same time with the primary card application
- Another additional SGD $20 cash back is rewarded when card application is submitted online, including all full documents uploaded and consent given to receive direct marketing and promotional materials from HSBC by indicating on the Letter of Instruction
- Up to 75% off hotel bookings + additional 8% off selected destinations with Agoda (valid till 31 December 2017)
- 10% off hotel bookings with Expedia (valid till 31 December 2017)
- 1-for-1 buffets and other dining deals
BONUS: The American Tourister Caravan TSA Luggage free gift is also valid for redemption when you apply for the HSBC Revolution Card! Cardable had previously done a review on the card if you’re keen to find out more about the card.
Apply for the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card for a free American Tourister Caravan TSA Luggage (worth S$260) today!
Who doesn’t love free gifts?
We know the welcome offer and free gifts shouldn’t divert your attention in choosing the right credit card for yourself, but it’s a great bonus if you’re undecided on the cards AND need a new luggage right? You may have just narrowed down your choices to the cards mentioned above!
If you’re a jet setter, you’ll definitely be grateful for such a freebie. Not that them being free compromises on the quality, these free luggage are excellent and durable, and won’t give in easily to wear and tear. These will be great additions to your travel necessities!
|AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend Card
|76cm Expandable Samsonite Sigma Spinner
|Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
|28” Samsonite Lite Shock Spinner
|HSBC Visa Platinum Card
|70cm American Tourister Caravan TSA Luggage
Grab these offers today
Are these free luggage welcome offers persuasive enough for you to consider applying for the credit cards? Click on one of the apply links above to get your hands on a brand new luggage along with your credit card today!
Looking for travel credit cards? Check out Cardable’s list of Best Travel Credit Cards in Singapore 2017