Editor’s Note: All content and information in this article are accurate as of published time.
A great way to fly. With a dedication to customer service, gourmet meals, state-of-the-art in-flight entertainment system with a huge choice of movies, music, and games, it is no wonder that Singapore Airlines is the preferred way to travel for many of us.
If you have a Mastercard card and/or a KrisFlyer member, you’ll be happy to hear about KrisFlyer Experiences, which give KrisFlyer members and Mastercard card holders to use their miles on specially curated activities and enjoy access to exclusive events. Find out more here!
* News Alert: Get the latest Singapore Airlines update on the COVID-19 situation here.
We are sorry, there are no current promotions at the moment. In the meantime, do check out these new card sign-up offers!
|American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card|
|American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card|
Here’s a list of credit card promotions to check out before you book your holiday!
|Get from $1,258 return per pax when you head over to Amsterdam|
Singapore Airways offers from $1,258 return per pax when you head over to Amsterdam with no code needed, offer valid until 30 September 2020.
|Claim Promo Here!|
|Enjoy free 3 days WiFi and 2GB data|
The complimentary 3 days WiFi is open to Singapore Airlines and SilkAir passengers 16 years old and above traveling to Singapore. Valid until 14 October 2020.
|Claim Promo Here!|
|Enjoy additional 4 KrisFlyer miles per S$1 spent with no minimum spend required|
Limited to the first 1,000 eligible Cardmembers, capped at 6,000 miles per Principal Cardmember.
|Claim Promo Here!|
Do you sometimes get the jitters with the mere thought of traveling abroad? We all know how sometimes things might go wrong when we’re traveling… from lost baggage, flight delays, poor customer service, and questionable in-flight meals. All we truly want is just a smooth sailing journey to reach our destination, especially if it’s for a vacation that we have been looking forward to all year! As one of the pride and joy of Singapore, Singapore Airlines is known for its impeccable customer service among many other awesome traits. Living up to Singapore Airlines’ tagline of “A Great Way To Fly”, it is indeed the preferred airlines for many people and not just Singaporeans!
SINGAPORE AIRLINES: HOW IT ALL STARTED
It all began in 1947 when Singapore Airlines was first born as the name Malayan Airways Limited. Its first flights included three flights a week to Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, and Penang. In 1972, Singapore split ways with its Malaysian alliance to form Singapore Airlines that exist today due to different business goals. Malaysia wanted to develop its domestic flights first while Singapore wanted to develop its international flights.
Singapore Airlines continued to expand internationally and build a name for themselves and eventually branded themselves with the Singapore Girl, the kebaya-clad air stewardesses that we’ve all come to know and love today. The symbol has become a visual identity of Singapore Airlines with the signature sarong kebaya designed by Parisian couturier Pierre Balmain in 1968. Honestly, one of the most symbolic brandings of Singapore Airlines is the image of a Singapore Girl smiling and waving at us as we board the flight.
Fun Fact: Singapore Airlines is renowned across the globe and has many names which include SIA and SQ! SIA has long been the abbreviation for Singapore Airlines; you get SI from Singapore and A from Airlines, hence SIA. SQ is the prefix for the codes used for flights by Singapore Airlines, and most local Singaporeans refer to Singapore Airlines as SQ. Remember to subscribe to the Singapore Airlines newsletter or social media to keep a constant lookout for SIA promo or SQ promo!
BEST WAY TO BOOK A FLIGHT WITH SINGAPORE AIRLINES
Prepare to be blown away by a wholesome user experience when with Singapore Air! This wonderful experience begins even with the booking of flights from the Singapore Airlines website. With the belief that each SIA user experience should be comprehensive and includes everything from their offline services to online too! It is always recommended to book your SQ flights online to ensure that you get more savings for your buck from the latest Singapore Airlines Promotions on their website and also to key in any Singapore Airlines Promo Code that you may have. The Singapore Airlines website is easy to navigate to satisfy all your booking needs! Here are the steps to follow to book your flights online:
- At the homepage, you’ll be able to see the Book Trip section to search for available flights. All you have to do is key in your destination, depart date, return date, and click on Search! If you have any SIA promo code or SQ promo code, be sure to key them in here to view the discounted rates!
- Upon clicking on Search, the website will show you all available flights for your destination with a complete breakdown of the price, timing, and seat packages. There’s even a handy tip that displays the lowest available fare at the rates which is highlighted with a small orange triangle at the rates. After choosing your departure flight times, choose your return flight times. Be sure to plan this with your accommodation check-in and check-out times to avoid painful waiting times! Click on Proceed.
- Next, key in your personal details to complete your booking! If you are a Krisflyer member, bear in mind to key in your membership number to earn some miles. It’s always great to accumulate miles for future travels.
- Now you’re almost all set for your trip, and all that’s left is payment! Perform a quick final check to confirm that you’ve selected the correct date and time and make payment with your desired method. Loads of payment methods are accepted here such as credit cards and debit cards!
MORE MILES, MORE REWARDS WITH KRISFLYER
Did you know that you’ll be able to redeem free flights with KrisFlyer Miles? Yes, it may sound like you need to accumulate a lot of points for a free flight, but there are also various other ways you can earn KrisFlyer miles other than flying! Here are some tips:
- Earn miles when you fly: Of course, you’ll be able to earn miles when you fly, but you’ll also be able to earn miles with other airlines including Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Star Alliance Airlines, and more than 30 world-class partners!
- Earn miles on the ground: Extra miles can also be earned whether you stay at a hotel, rent a car, shop with your credit card, or call home from anywhere in the world.
Earn miles when you shop: You heard that right! When you shop at KrisFlyer Spree which has more than 2,000 leading brands, you’ll earn 1.5 miles for every S$1 you spend in the air or online!
With so many ways and Singapore Airlines promotions to earn miles, you’re sure to be entitled to some rewards eventually. Get started on your KrisFlyer account today! Kickstart your vacation with Singapore Airlines. Treat yourself and your loved ones for a getaway via Singapore Airlines, don’t forget to make your reservations using the latest SQ promos for more savings and peace of mind. Happy Holidays!
Check out more travel deals on Cardable’s website for all credit card promotions!