Do you use Singapore Post services frequently? Or perhaps you’re a big online shopper? If you identify yourself with these spending habits, the Standard Chartered SingPost Platinum Visa Credit Card may be one of the most suitable cards in the market for you!
In addition to exclusive privileges with vPost and SingPost, and an amazing 7% cashback for all online purchases, there are other features which makes this Standard Chartered SingPost Platinum Visa Card so attractive.
Let’s get started on the card features and perks before you decide whether this is a suitable card for you!
The Outstanding Factors in SingPost Platinum Visa Credit Card
- The CardSafe Guarantee grants you peace of mind as you shop. In case of unauthorized transactions, you won’t be held liable.
- Affiliation with AXA Insurance Singapore gives you the guarantee of a refund. If you find a similar item to your purchased item with a lower price, you can report the case. Granted that you file a report within a month (30-day period), you can request for a refund (50%).
- Tap-and-Pay payment (with no signature required) is at your convenience when you make payments of less than S$100
- You can enjoy up to 7% cashback on participating online merchants. You can also enjoy cashback deals such as 0.2% return on eligible retail purchases and 2% return on supermarket purchases. For every year, you get up to SGD $720 as cashback.
Participating merchants include Cold Storage, Thai Airways, Agoda, and McDelivery.
The Exclusive Deal for the Online Shopper
Standard Chartered Bank’s card is perfect for the individual who prefers shopping with a click of his finger rather than in physical stores. The online shopper is bound to love the exclusive deals that are tailored to his/her needs, at the comfort of his/her home. Enjoy 20% discount on shipping fees — with up to USD $250 of coverage as well.
Other exclusive deals for the online shopper are:
- 5% discount Poly M (with minimum of 3 same-item purchases)
- 5% discount SmartPac box (with minimum of 3 purchases)
- 10% discount thematic MyStamp and Premium Gifts collection
- 10% discount Speedpost Priority Package
- 25% discount Lock + Store solutions
The Welcome Gift & Annual Fee Waiver
Standard Chartered Bank welcomes applicants with an attractive bonus. Upon activation of a SingPost Platinum Visa Card, SGD $138 cashback is waiting. Just charge (a minimum of) SGD $600 to your card within a month to qualify for the cashback. This promotion is only available until 30 September 2017, so don’t miss out on it! Terms and conditions apply.
The SingPost Platinum Visa annual fee is SGD $192.60 (inclusive of Goods and Services Tax). On the first 2 years of using the credit card, this fee is waived. Having (up to 5) supplementary cards is also allowed.
The Final Verdict
Yes, the Standard Chartered SingPost Platinum Visa Credit Card is pretty good for the online shoppers and SingPost users. The welcome bonus of S$138 is also an attractive gift if you’re a first-time Standard Chartered principal cardholder.
If you’re around 21 and 65 years old, you’re eligible to apply. Just present proof of minimum annual income (must be SGD $30,000 for Singaporeans or SGD $60,000 for non-Singaporeans) and you’re ready to start the application. You’ll take no more than a minute to finish the preliminary application steps!
One important term to pay attention to is the SingPost Platinum interest rate. If you are unable to complete full payment by due date, an interest rate of 25.9% per year will be charged to you. While the rate is quite heavy, this shouldn’t be a concern as long as you keep track of the dues.
If you’re a new SingPost Platinum Visa Card holder, you can enjoy an additional perk: SGD $30 cashback! On your first transaction via Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, or Android Pay, you can receive Standard Chartered Bank’s welcome gift.
Let us know your thoughts on this Standard Chartered SingPost Platinum Visa Credit Card via the comments section below!