Having a credit card is becoming more of a necessity now, especially more so when the internet is increasingly becoming integrated with everything we, which includes online payment and shopping. Most credit card companies charge a large amount of annual fee for using their services but some of them offer from low annual fees to close to none!
Here is a simple table summary showing the best credit cards with the lowest annual fee right now, as well what they are best suited for.
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Best For|
|Bank of China Esso MasterCard||Perpetual annual fee waiver||Fuel Discounts|
|CCB Eye Credit Card||Perpetual annual fee waiver||Online Shopping|
|Standard Chartered Asia Miles Credit Card||HK$ 1,800||Asia Miles|
|CitiBank American Express Card||First-year annual fee waiver||Cashback|
|Public Bank Hong Kong Credit Card||Permanent annual fee waiver to principal and supplementary cardholders||Overseas spending|
|HSBC Advance Platinum Credit Card||Perpetual annual fee waiver; applicable to addt’l cards||Exclusive year-round dining offers|
Best for: Fuel Discounts
Bank of China partners with ExxonMobil to give its customers fuel discounts plus gift points that you can use for hotel, resorts, or gift privileges!
- Total HK$ 500 Synergy Petrol Coupon
- Supplementary card gives main card holder 25,000 gift points (maximum of 225,000 gift points)
Esso Petrol discount offer:
- Offer 1: Bank of China Esso Platinum MasterCard up to 3% spending credit reward
- Offer 2: Smiles instant petrol discount HK$ 0.9 / liter
- Offer 3: Earn smiles points
- Perpetual annual fee waiver for main and supplementary cardholders
- Up to 24-month interest free installment for retail purchases at select merchants
- Up to 56-day interest-free repayment period
- Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service
- Gift rewards program (HK$1 = 1 Gift Point)
- Priority Pass – access to airport lounge worldwide
The CCB Eye credit card is specifically for people addicted to online shopping, as they have said It themselves. Enjoy online shopping while earning bonus points for doing so!
Welcome gift offers for spending HK$3000 within 3 months of card issuance:
- LE MAURICE PUZZLE Collection 20″ & 28″ Suitcases Set
- MAX 4K Ultra HD Camera
- HK$500 Supermarket cash coupon
- No annual fee
- 5X Bonus Points via online shopping
- 5X Bonus Points Reward Program
- 5X Bonus Points by using Visa payWave
Best for: Asia Miles
For those eager to travel racking up Asia miles while spending either locally or overseas, this card is for you! Save money for travelling by shopping!
- HK$4 = 1 Asia Mile point on overseas spending
- HK$6 = 1 Asia Mile point on local spending
- Additional HK$2 = 1 Asia Mile when you present your card for billing at designated dining partners
- Asia miles mileage renewal and transfer fee 20% discount
Best for: Cashback
Who doesn’t want to spend on transactions and get their cash back as well? In that case, CitiBank has the best cashback credit card for the thriftiest of people.
- HK$ 800 cash coupon
- Annual fee waiver for the first year
- 1% cash rebate at other designated merchants
- 2 % cash rebate on dining purchases
- No registration required – straight to your credit account
- Global Assist – Assistance Hotline
Best for: Overseas spending
No need to worry when you shop overseas, Public Bank Hong Kong has you covered with assistance where you need it, most especially in regards to financial services!
- HK$ 300 spending credit
- Permanent annual fee waiver
- Cash rebate up to 0.6%
- Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service
- 24-hour Global Assist Service
- Free net banking service
- Waived bank charge for overseas spending
Best for: Dining
The Advance Visa Platinum card works best for people who love dining out in restaurant chains by Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, the Courtyard Marriott, and other luxury hotels with up to 20% discount!
- Perpetual annual fee waiver, applicable to additional cards
- Visa payWave function
- HSBC Visa Platinum Card privileges
- home&Away privileges applicable to over 160 countries
- Exclusive shopping offers at local chains offered by Private Label cards
You don’t have to spend an exorbitant amounts of money to pay for credit cards. Oftentimes there are those credit cards that benefit you in such a way that suits your lifestyle as well as having almost no fee for using them! Did we miss any credit card that has a low annual fee with added benefits? Type it out in the comment section!